Born and raised in China, Dr. Chang has been studying Taoism since he was six years old in a family who has practiced medicine for well over 400 years.
Chang’s great-grandfather was a physician and professor to the Emperor of China (Tung Tse) and Empress Tse Shi (Ci Xi) (慈僖) as well as the first Chinese ambassador to the United States during the Benjamin Harrison administration (1889-93). His grandmother was a master-
- Former President of the Chinese Medicine Research Institute in San
- Francisco, California, in the United States
- Former Vice-President of the Chinese Medical Assoc. in Japan
- Founder of The Foundation of Tao in San Francisco, California
- His books are used in universities and as hospital texts
- He has influenced laymen, professionals and celebrities alike, including
- Sofia Loren and Mario Lopez
- Formulated numerous remedies including Chinese Herbal Formulas/
- Combinations/Teas, skin lotions and accupowder (acupowder)
- Holds doctoral degrees in medicine, law, theology and philosophy
- Honorable Professor at: University of Beijing; The Peoples University,China; Chung Wa University, China; Ai Ji University, Japan; Oslo University,Norway; among others
- Taught and lectured at universities around the world on Taoism at: University Of California, Berkeley; Stanford University CA; The Chinese Medical Assoc., London; University Of California, Santa Cruz, CA; 5 Branches School of Chinese Medicine, Santa Cruz, CA; Chi Nei Tsang Inst., Berkeley, CA; University Of Tao Management, China
- Author of several books translated in over ten languages with over a million copies sold.